Monday, October 13, 2014

Jesus and Jewelry

Yes I titled my blog Jesus and Jewelry! I have been thinking about this topic for a while because I feel as Christians we can be some of the most critical and judgmental. We have certain ideals about what we read in the bible and especially what makes us a strong christian and what Jesus wants for our lives.

As a Christian women who clearly loves all things fashion, jewelry, hair , makeup etc I think about putting my best foot forward. At Church I would never wear anything but my best not because its a fashion show but because its in respect of God. I was taught from a young age to wear our best to church because we give our best to God. Others best may vary but I will never get behind the pajama church movement. ( I might have to have another blog post on that one)

In day to day life I like to wear trendy, fashionable clothing, but also the things I wear are never inappropriate as well. ( Don't worry I love to wear workout clothes too!) I can sometimes be judged pretty harshly for this because someone would say I don't look like a Christian? 

However, just because I love all things fashionable doesn't make my relationship with Jesus any less, because he always comes first and everything else comes second. I hope this will spark an anti judgement campaign and we can see the light of Jesus before anything else.


                                         The verse hanging in my daughters bathroom is below:

Our worth is so much more than a "Ruby Crown" fancy clothes or jewelry but it doesn't mean that we cant love to wear those things and still honor God! We are not meant to not enjoy the things in this world, as long as the things of this world never come before our relationship with God and always honor him.


One of the ways my love of Jewelry has expanded has been by being a stylist through Stella & Dot! I have absolutely loved being part of this company, and has also been a way of extra income for my family!  The new holiday collection is out and I'm loving all the great gift ideas! Go Check it out now www.stelladot.com/christywcreson or contact me about setting up a holiday show.





So wear your favorite jewels or jeans or whatever makes you YOU, but make sure that your light for Jesus shines way more than those Jewels!

XOXO,
Christy W.  Creson
" A Kings Daughter"

3 comments:

  1. Love this post!!! I really thought I was the only person that still dressed up every Sunday for church. I just told my husband the other day that I wished women still wore hats to church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple designs but looking great.I just like it.Thank you so much.
    Zarah
    Bizbilla B2B portal

    ReplyDelete